Le Lac des Vieilles Forges
VISIT THE ARDENNES
As a crossroads of civilisations, the Grand-Est is a land steeped in history, culture and tradition. With an unequalled bucolic charm, the richness of the Ardennes heritage reveals its secrets to the curious from all over the world. Sportsmen, lovers of folklore and architecture enthusiasts come to Le Lac des Vieilles Forges campsite to survey the wonders of the Parc Naturel Régional des Ardennes. The members of the campsite team adore this land and will help you plan your stay in Les Mazures by suggesting a selection of the unmissable tourist sites in the region.
The Parc Naturel Régional des Ardennes is a real playground for outdoor enthusiasts with an exceptional range of landscapes on offer.
Whether you are a passionate or novice hiker, the many trails in the region will make your stay in the Ardennes an enjoyable one. Roam the Ardennes forests on foot, bike or horseback.
From our campsite, you have direct access to one of the pearls of the Grand-Est, namely Le Lac des Vieilles Forges. The lake’s water sports centre make it the ideal place for outdoor sports. Explore its shores by canoe/kayak or under canvas. On your return, relax under the Ardennes sun.
Not far from Le Lac des Vieilles Forges campsite, you can practice your favourite sport on one of the many climbing routes in the Ardennes. The must-see sites include the Roc-la-Tour in Monthermé, the Corpias in Tournavaux and the Roche aux Corbeaux in Hautes-Rivières.
Photographers and lovers of rocks can marvel at the unsuspected wealth of the Ardennes heritage. From Charleville-Mézières to Rocroi, you the charm of the cities of the Grand-Est will surprise you. Bell towers and medieval fortifications stand on vast, undulating stretches of land. From one village to another, the history that has shaped this land of culture waits to be discovered.
The citadel and fort of Givet are a reminder of the strategic importance of Charlemont as the gateway to the Meuse valley. In the four corners of the department, the fortified churches of Thiérache reflect the vital role of places of worship during attacks. Finally, the towers, moats and other fortifications of castles such as those of Hierges and Montcornet invite us to travel back in time.
Also plan a day trip to Reims in the Marne, the capital of the Champagne region. With no less than 3 UNESCO World Heritage monuments, including the sublime Notre-Dame de Reims Cathedral, this must-see city bears witness to a rich historical and cultural heritage.
LE LAC DES VIEILLES FORGES CAMPSITE PARTNERS
To make the organisation of your holiday in the Ardennes easier, the team at Le Lac des Vieilles Forges campsite has set up several partnerships.
- Elfy Park: Elfy and elf friends have set up their amusement park 800 m from our campsite. The park offers a wide range of age suitable activities, with pedal go-karts, trampolines, slides, tyrolean traverse, summer toboggan, treehouses, sea of nets, sound games, storytelling area, etc.
- Ardennes, Terre d’Aventures: with 10 routes of varying difficulty, the Ardennes, Land of Adventure offers an incredible pirate-style experience. Whether you are a landlubber or a seasoned pirate, take on the attractions of the Les Mazures acrobatic park.
UNMISSABLE CULTURAL EVENTS
The richness of the Ardennes heritage can also be discovered through cultural events. After a day of relaxation and discovery at Le Lac des Vieilles Forges, enjoy your evenings at and participating in the wonderful festivals of the Grand-Est.
- Rock, metal, French song, rap and even electro are in the spotlight at the Cabaret vert de Charleville-Mézières. For 5 days in August, this festival transforms the city into a giant music stage.
- In May, Celtic cultures come to the Ardennes during the Celtic night at the Vieilles-Forges.
- The Festival d’Arts de la Rue “Contrebande” in Revin is an opportunity to take in concerts and street art shows in May.
- Every 1st weekend in May, the Place Ducale in Charleville-Mézières welcomes nearly 50 Belgian and French guilds during the Festival des confréries en Ardennes.
- The historical and festive Festival Médiéval de Sedan offers shows, music, parades, street theatre and games in May.
- The Aymon Folk Festival at the end of July in Bogny-sur-Meuse each year welcomes national and international musicians for crazy concerts.
- The Foire de Sedan in September offers a chance to discover the local culture through the presence of peddlers in town and animals in the meadow. Concerts bring the city streets to life in the evening.
SEE THE ACTIVITIES AND ENTERTAINMENT OF LE LAC DES VIEILLES FORGES CAMPSITE